What We Can Do
Technology is fundamental to our efforts at Raybestos Powertrain. At the Raybestos Technical Center in Crawfordsville, Indiana, our team of specialists conducts research and development on material formulation, adhesives, pack design, bonding, saturation and other areas of product development. Our Technical Center staff has pioneered a number of techniques that accelerate development and testing of friction materials.
We provide technical and application engineering support for all heavy duty and automotive applications, with a project-centric focus that spans the entire product development and manufacturing process. Our experts provide:
- Material testing on a wide range of specialized equipment.
- Contract testing services for analytical testing, friction plate testing and fluid testing.
- Early design involvement utilizing thermo-mechanical modeling and simulation to assist customers with component design and optimal material formulations.
- Technical data on our friction materials, as well as related technical issues and studies, in support of our friction material recommendations.
- Prototype development and component testing to protect product quality and reduce time-to-market.